Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Check out my xbox live widget design!

rblitz

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 - 5:24 pm    Post subject: Check out my xbox live widget design! Reply with quote

check out this xbox live friends widget design! I suck at making widgets but if anyone wants to make it please go ahead. when you click a name that left bar slides out and the arrows scroll your friends in groups of 4.

comments appreciated Very Happy
Mayhem

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 - 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'm not a big fan, but then my opinion is hardly unbiased as I have an Xbox Live widget of my own in development. The design I came up with is a lot more conventional, mimicking the Xbox's own dashboard:

Graphics are near-final with just a few things to tidy up, code however is far from complete. Trying to implement Passport authentication is a pain...

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 - 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah nice job! keep working on that widget because id vote for it for that mac mini contest thing. also cant you make the widget auto sign in every hour?
Brodingo

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 - 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Mayhem, that looks really awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
johnpenn

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 - 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything but the Comic Sans because that font makes my eyes bleed.

Comic Sans is never appropriate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
prezet

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 - 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyones interested, I'm currently developing a widget for Xlink Kai (http://www.teamxlink.co.uk), the free version of xbox live!
prezet

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 - 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyones interested, I'm currently developing a widget for Xlink Kai (http://www.teamxlink.co.uk), the free version of xbox live!
DJP3221

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 - 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both look nice. Just be sure to keep them small or reasonably-sized. Not sure if you've seen this program, but you may be able to get some pointers or help from them. Good luck, I would love a widget like this.
friedguy

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 - 12:37 pm    Post subject: any word on xbox live widget? Reply with quote

I know you said your widget were far from ready, but I was just wondering how everything was coming on the one that looked like Xbox's dashboard. Keep up the good work!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.