Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Comments and Suggestions

readability and the sidebar

johnpenn

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 - 8:14 am    Post subject: readability and the sidebar Reply with quote

I've found that many topics that include long lines (like long urls or lines of code) bleed over the edge and overlap the side bar. It makes for some impossible reading. Is it possible to either force-wrap long urls and code with some php magic? Or have an option to put the sidebar on the left? Or even just add a white background to span class="postbody" at the very least?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
gnomette

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: readability and the sidebar Reply with quote

johnpenn wrote:
I've found that many topics that include long lines (like long urls or lines of code) bleed over the edge and overlap the side bar. It makes for some impossible reading. Is it possible to either force-wrap long urls and code with some php magic?

I've noticed this in Safari (Tiger 10.4.1 version), event without long lines. It looks like the form elements have a fixed width, which will overlap the "Recent Widgets" column on the right if the window is too narrow. I've put a picture of it on my website at:

http://www.bloomington.in.us/~jswitte/dbw.jpg

PS. This is also a problem at www.cocoadev.com (Cocoa code pasted in with things like [TheNameOf SomeReallyLongObjectiveCMethodNameLikeAppleLikesThem:Uughh] will cause problems. The same thing (<long single-words-like-this which will "override" fixed-width container elements) is also a problem that has shown up on TheFaceBook.com.. (only college students ever make single words that are greater than 700 pixels wide Smile

Jim Witte
pm
Administrator

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 - 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I must sincerely apologize for taking so long to reply to this thread. Unfortunately, we had no idea how to fix the overlapping problem it at first. But now, I think we've done it. Very Happy Thanks for your patience.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.