Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

What's on Steve Jobs' Widget Bar?

ascii

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 1:50 pm    Post subject: What's on Steve Jobs' Widget Bar? Reply with quote

During the WWDC keynote, Steve Jobs got out a few dashboard widgets and showed them running on his Mac (Intel-powered, as it turns out). But also, though he didn't draw attention to them specifically, there were some more third-party widgets in his Widget Bar, and I'm pretty sure one of them was Reversi:

http://www.intensity.org.uk/image.php?i=images/stevereversi.png

Anyone else get their fifteen seconds of fame at WWDC?

Cheers,

Andrew
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
sean

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my 15 seconds, a little more than 19 minutes into the video:

"This is a favorite of mine, Wikipedia..."

I wasn't even planning to watch the keynote, until my brother ran out to my car, "SEAN, Steve used your widget!"

Woohoo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
funkdaddy

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping he'd use my tivo widget, but then realized the odds of him having a tivo onsite or across the net would be slim.
DJP3221

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 - 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pretty exciting. I actually thought of that when I watched the keynote.
kingmob

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 - 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the only widget I have up currently only makes sense when you live in Austria, my chances were rather slim Smile But major grats to everyone who got shown, and special kudos to sean for getting a personal recommendation from Steve - I personally know about half a dozen people who would kill their grandmother for something like that Wink