Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Lounge

What describes your OS use?

Poll Results: Which best describes your history with Macs? *Note* "Switched" does NOT imply that you only use Macs, but rather that you consider yourself a Mac user, as opposed to a both-user.
Always been a Mac user
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Switched to Macs before OS 9 (Mac user)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Switched to Macs during OS 9 (Mac user)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Switched to Macs during OS X (Mac user)
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Currently use Mac and Windows both, no preference (both-user)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Currently use Mac and Windows, prefer Mac (both-user)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Currently use Mac and Windows, prefer Windows (both-user)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Currently use Mac and something else (Linux, etc.) (both-user)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Currently user Mac and 2 or more other OS brands.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm going to switch to Windows/Other (shame on me)!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

BagOfHammers

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 - 5:08 am    Post subject: What describes your OS use? Reply with quote

I recently read a rare (for me) story about a guy who switched to Mac, spent thousands of dollars, got disgusted (I forget why, maybe he still couldn't do what he used to do, it was pretty technical stuff), and switched back to Windows.

I myself switched to Mac recently, but as the OS is far superior and the apps are much better, I don't really miss anything of my Windows machine.

For one thing, the OS design of Windows is blatantly rude to the customer/user. Such an attitude is not acceptable by me, nor is it desireable, in Japan anyway. In my experience in the US, especially in rural areas, good service is getting harder to find.

But anyway, one of the most insulting things is the curt error messages I got, like "Windows Media Player: Internal program error" with a button to press OK as if programs simply NOT WORKING was just fine by me. In Windows, error messages are a way of telling you SNAFU and the general vibe is that Windows is not keen on fixing the problem, because the problem's yours. Stupid Windows!

Enough cursing Windows (although I'd like to hear of other error messages). I was just wondering about the population here and the history of OS.

Please see the poll.
BagOfHammers

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 - 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for voting! Looks interesting so far... I wonder if this reflects the community accurately, because it is still too early to tell. But so far it seems to be always-mac or mac since os x.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.