Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Support

Critical Error

jtbandes

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 - 4:01 pm    Post subject: Critical Error Reply with quote

You have probably seen "phpBB Critical error: could not connect to database" on this site. Well, for me, at least, this happens very often.

I am wondering if there is a reason, or is it just me? Is there anything I can do to stop this?
pm
Administrator

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 - 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not you. For some reason, the server is experiencing higher than normal load (similar to that we had when Tiger was released) and that is causing MySQL connection errors. They appear to have gone away but we'll continue to try and figure out the source of the problem.
mattf
Server Admin

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 - 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now we're working on load balancing the server so that requests can be handled without error, but if you see the error, just try to refresh the page and it should go through. If there's a time that's particularly bad, send me an e-mail at mattf@dashboardwidgets.com and the time that it was occurring (we process over 100 million queries a day, a timeframe is mildly helpful in finding a bad patch of queries), and it will help me resolve problems faster. Smile

-m
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN MessengerWidgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.