Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Lounge

nonsense

jonlink

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 - 1:09 pm    Post subject: nonsense Reply with quote

Quote:
>> "read my post you'll see that i was responding to you bringing searches into the discussion in the first place."

Sorry, you did not in any way specify that you were "responding" to "bringing searches into the discussion" Your writing instead stated that I was not aware that there was no search function:

>> "if you actually took the time to look at woot you'd realize that they only sell one product at a time.
>> you can't search because there is only one product.
>> ... you might at least take two minutes to figure out what it's all about.

If you wanted to say "there's no reason to bring up searches," or "why did you bring up searches when there's not one in the widget?" you could have written that--but you did not. Your statement simply says I did not notice the widget lacks a search feature. Ergo, my response.

>> "searches are NOT possible so why mention them-- it's ridiculous."

Again, read my post. I am making the distinction between the user defining what appears on the desktop, and a company selling something deciding what appears on the desktop. In that context, a search-versus-no search dichotomy makes perfect sense. And I made that point with perfect clarity. If you could not understand it, don't blame me.

>> "this widget like every other widget is entitled to its place in the showcase when it is new,
>> if you don't like that your looking at the wrong website."

Okay, now you are implying that I am annoyed by the fact that it got into the showcase. Which makes no more sense than your previous post--I never stated that I did not like it there. I simply explained where I found it. Makes no difference to me.

>> i don't think it was abusive...

I see. So calling someone "dumb," saying they're a "dope," those are terms of endearment, and your tone was friendly instead of pejorative. My mistake. Don't worry, I am more amused than offended. But it is in violation of the terms of service. And if you don't like being called wrong when you are, I cannot help that you feel abused--but it is not abusive.

As for your closing insinuation that my comments do not belong here, you will kindly note that all comments after my first single-sentence comment were in response to persons such as yourself. As you so succinctly put it, "go to the forum to make your general and broad complaints." But don't complain to me because you don't follow your own advice.

But please, go ahead and carry on this discussion here since you seem so intent. I'm sure the widget author enjoys these chats under his widget.

this is my last response to this mess. i am sorry i ever got drawn into it.

first, trying to be noble by saying the discussion doesn't belong there (which is true) is hypocritical considering it comes at the end of your rather long post.

second, lets get the TOS business out of the way-- calling you a dope was wrong, sorry. i never called you dumb though, so you should go back and read the posts. there is a very distinct difference being saying a comment is dumb and saying a person is dumb. if you feel dumb because i think something you said is dumb, well, that is your business.

searches. implying that i don't understand the discussion of the "dichotomy" search widgets is silly, very silly. i understand what you are saying, but there is still a problem because there is NO NEED for that discussion in relation to the widget your commenting on. searches are not possible, the topic therefore shouldn't ever enter the discussion. that is like talking about which audio format is better when commenting on a text-editor. it was never meant to have the function "ergo" it is *not* relevant. i don't know how to make that any clearer. i actually gave you some benefit by assuming you didn't realize you could not search woot in my original post. if you wrote about searches knowing this information i am completely mind boggled as to why you would even consider mentioning it.

placement/showcase. i mixed you up with bagofhammers. my apologies.

lastly, get off the high horse. you seem to think that somehow poking fun of people who want this widget (i don't by the way), and using words like 'dichotomy' will elevate you above others, it won't. i am sorry if my comments have made you feel small, i tend to want to defend people from offer others harsh and ill thought words, unfortunately i've ended up doing the same. constructive criticism and insight is great, but you and i have managed to avoid all of that.
BagOfHammers

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 - 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: nonsense Reply with quote

jonlink wrote:
placement/showcase. i mixed you up with bagofhammers. my apologies.

Umm...so long as you are going to involve me, could you either clue me in or remind me as to where in the world this thing came from?

I can't even tell who's referring to who from this thread...too many "you"s. Yikes.
BagOfHammers

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 - 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. I found where it was coming from. Let's counter-argue in peace, okay?

lol.
jonlink

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 - 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Never mind. I found where it was coming from. Let's counter-argue in peace, okay?

how about lets just not argue Smile i agree to disagree and all that shmooze.
BagOfHammers

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 - 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup.

Or let's argue in such a confusing way that it makes no sense!

Oh yeah? well listen t0 thI$ you yung whing whammy! The fooze and the poozoo have combined to form the product of the cases Jingax and Zomer! That is the Answer to the Decamek! Which makes the implication of your second to last previous statement that of a prairie dog.As is stated in Section 88*6.

Thus it is proved - 7 feet under the surface of the ocean is a layer 3mm thick known as the bubble image which causes the end of all arguments.[/b]
BagOfHammers

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 - 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this thread is going to turn into a true "nonsense" thread... All of my foggledewhop could go here!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.