Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Lounge

Nobody loves me

Funkboy

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 - 8:21 pm    Post subject: Nobody loves me Reply with quote

I have always had this feeling that nobody in the world loves me and when they say the do i can always tell that it is a lie. And i still have that feeling Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. Do any of you guys feel this way Question I'm only ten but i always wish Wizard that i knew that some body truly loves me. So here i am ten years old surrounded by people who hate my guts. If some body understands my feelings or feels the same way either im me ( on this website) or post a message
BagOfHammers

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 - 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot say I can relate, because I have always had a handful of people that care about me.

From what you said it would be illogical to say that there probably are people who care about you that either you don't sense or they don't show very well. From just what you said, I cannot make any promises about people that care enough to qualify as "loving", even though the probability lies in your favor that people do care. (Although, if you don't feel that way they should work harder to let you know!)

What I can say is that you claim to be ten yrs old, which makes you quite young, too young, at least, to give up on the world caring about you. The best I can offer is that if you treat others as you should like to be treated yourself, or at least be a positive person to the best of your ability, you are bound to receive similar treatment in return, at least from some people. It's too bad that you feel how you do, but I wouldn't bet on things remaining how they are forever. I also would go as far as to say that no matter what the details are, if you are only ten and feel this way all the time, something is quite out of order and you should seek to have others understand how you feel and why. At any rate, no ten year old in the world should feel all alone, which is what I got from reading your description.

Now, I'm just some entity in cyberspace to you, as you are to me. I assume you are human, and as human I wish things to go better for you, although I am personally uncomfortable with getting to know people on this deep a level on the net. For all I know, you could be a very misfortunate ten year old, a ten year old who has had a downer recently and is overreacting, a person with multiple personalities who only thinks he is a misfortunate ten year old, an intentional fraud, or.... For the purposes of discussion and in good faith, I assume you actually are a misfortunate ten year old. You kind of have to assume that I'm just a BagOfHammers that would like to cheer you up a little. The reality of the world I know says that things will get better for you, if you are strong and never lose hope that they will, and, again, treat others as you would like to be treated. The best advice I can provide is that you should seek to be understood, preferably by people you talk to in person, rather than people online, who could actually be bad people out to hurt you. If you can't find people that want to help and understand you in your family, try your school, and if that doesn't work, try kids your age, a friendly neighbor, some teacher, and so on, being careful about who you give your trust. Many schools have counselors or other teachers that have studied some psychology and may be able to help you better than just any old "nice stranger". If you can't trust anybody and can't risk interacting with them, don't, but instead wait and see how things turn out as time passes.

Don't look to get too friendly with people you only know on the Internet. Don't. The best that can happen is that you get a shallow friendship with someone you really don't know in the end, and the worst that can happen...well, I don't want to scare you but many people are not nice. They'll try to get your name, telephone number, email, address, etc., and they don't do that just to be friendly. Many misfortunate children have been victims of crimes committed by fraudulent pretenders on the net. It might be hard, especially at first, but you should try to establish postitive relationships with people near you (physically), preferably those that you can trust, again, by being positive and telling them how you feel. If that doesn't work, understand that it is not your fault, and the world has more people that would care than those that don't. If it is any consolation, I don't know you and I don't trust you enough to get too friendly, and I may just be text on your screen, but in reality I'm a person that felt you could use some help and actually took the time to write this bit in, in the hopes that I might help you. Maybe it doesn't, but maybe it will.

One last thing: to love and understand what it means to be loved, you must first start by loving yourself. Understand that no matter what, you are your own, first and foremost friend. Be good to yourself, and you will then be able to be good to others, and people will be good to you, although you may have to be patient. Not being good to yourself will not get you anywhere.

That's the end of my "cheer up" lecture! Hope it helps you, and regardless, I hope things go better for you!
flappielove

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 - 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa- bagofHammers! you really gave that little guy the lowdown on life...!! hope he cheers up though. Someone does love him- im sure of it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.