Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Free/opensource/cheap graphics software?

elmunky

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 - 6:28 pm    Post subject: Free/opensource/cheap graphics software? Reply with quote

Any bodody know of some good graphics software under $100 that I can use for some high-quality mockups?

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 - 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
I am also looking for a good program to make some graphics for my future widgets on. Im just a begainer so id like it to be not very much cost. Right now I'm using EazyDraw but the unlisenced version.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
gnome
Administrator

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 - 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gimp.org/
Rik

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 - 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Gimp (100% free)

http://www.gimp.org

[editors note: legal please. Razz ]
CruftForce7

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 - 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gimp is definitely the best graphics tool for the price (some people think it's even better than Photoshop), but if you have $99 burning a hole in your pocket, consider buying a Wacom Graphire graphics tablet. The latest iteration comes bundled with Photoshop Elements 3, a version of Photoshop which has the advanced workflow and print media-specific features stripped out, and which normally costs $99 by itself. I've been using one of Wacom's 4x5" tablets for several years, and it's great for the sort of editing work that you do for widget design.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
twisted

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 - 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elements..... Last time I checked you can't even use masks in elements. Something that I use a lot in widget making.
ndrake

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 - 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkscape is a decent open source vector graphics program.[url][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
jonlink

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 - 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gimpshop is a nice variation of gimp-- it's made to be more like photoshop. check it out a macupdate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.