Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

Quick Fix for Xbox 360 Countdown

DJP3221

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 - 8:43 pm    Post subject: Quick Fix for Xbox 360 Countdown Reply with quote

I've been using the widget made for the 360 countdown posted on the Apple website, posted here. However, the release date has been changed from the 4th to the 22nd of November, and widget has not been updated to reflect that. I have no programming knowledge, but was wondering if someone could edit this to show the new countdown change. Also, if its not hard, show how the change was made. I tried a few things, but kept messing it up. Thanks.
phan

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 - 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded this yesterday and noticed that. Heres how to fix this

Using Term :

sudo vi /Users/username/Library/Widgets/Xbox360.wdgt/360.html

change the following:

later = new Date("Nov 04 2005 0:00:01");
to
later = new Date("Nov 22 2005 0:00:01");

save and quit.

If you dont want to use terminal, go to /Users/username/Library/Widgets. Then control click on Xbox360.wdgt and choose Show Package Contents, this should open a new finder window, in there edit 360.html with the same change as above.

if you have anymore questions, let me know.
DJP3221

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 - 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried doing that earlier, editing the html file to reflect the new date, but when I open it in Dashboard, it shows the graphic with no countdown, and then switches to the beginning text in the html file. I'm not sure why thats not working.
twisted

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 - 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could have to do with a lot of different things. I'm not sure how the widget works, but it's probably either you changed the wrong thing, or because you changed the files the preferences got screwed up.

and if worst comes to worst you could try my widget Personal Count ( or Personal Count nano) Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.