Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Resizing problems, KHTML

Caleb

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 - 2:52 pm    Post subject: Resizing problems, KHTML Reply with quote

Hello,

I've created the wrapper for a widget that I have in mind. ATM it consists of an editable div, a frame, a scroll bar and a resizing handle. When I resize the widget horizontally everything is fine. When I resize it vertically the frame is not changed until I move the mouse horizontally. The handle and a glass button that I've added move but the frame does not change. Has anyone experienced this sort of problem?

I would also like to adjust the -html-user-select property with javascript. I've tried various permutations of
Code:
document.getElementById('element').style.-khtml-user-select  = "text";

with no luck.

Finally, does anyone have a link to a full reference of the -khtml css extensions. I can't seem to find one.

-Caleb
Powermacguy

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 - 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my widget i can resize easily its just in the JS
widget.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height) (i think)
globalvillager

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 - 8:56 am    Post subject: Resizing problems, KHTML Reply with quote

I don't think you can change -khtml-user-select dynamically. Are you trying to prevent text from being selected as you scroll? If so, I've found that this works:

Code:
myContentDiv.onselectstart = function () { return false; }

at the top of the mouseDownThumb function in Scroller.js. Then, to re-enable text selection,

Code:
myContentDiv.onselectstart = function () { return true; }

at the end of mouseUpScrollThumb.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.