Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Testing

DashTunes v2.0b feedback

Poll Results: ready for final release
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
almost
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
nope
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

jonlink

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 - 9:56 am    Post subject: DashTunes v2.0b feedback Reply with quote

i'm looking for feedback on the look, feel & function of dashtunes. of course bug reports are always appreciated. the beta is posted here. i'd also be interested in hearing about functions this might be missing, though i'd like to keep this simple & i don't have much-- make that any-- free time so that probably wont happen just now, unless it is something that i think is essential.

thanks

ps-even though i'm not a huge fan of polls, i'm including one for those who don't have time to leave detailed feedback, though i'd really like it if people would let me know if/what things needs fixing.
Powermacguy

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 - 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have found a HUGE bug in this. if itunes is not open it will open it austomatically, so please make something so it wont even if its activated on the dashboard
jonlink

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 - 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i have found a HUGE bug in this. if itunes is not open it will open it austomatically, so please make something so it wont even if its activated on the dashboard

what leads to itunes opening? are you clicking on something particular? i've tried to get itunes to start by opening the widget, and by just opening dashboard but that doesn't do it for me.

thanks for the feedback
Powermacguy

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 - 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea if i open dashboard with it up it opens itunes automatically and it does this is the background , if dashboard is closed it will open every 30sec after i close itunes. Really Annoying
jonlink

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 - 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could see that being annoying. could you do me a favor? paste this command into your terminal and post the output:
Code:
//bin/ps -A | grep iTunes

you should get something along the lines of this:
Quote:
1596 ?? S 5:31.12 /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes -psn_0_58720257
but i am gonna guess you have something else. this would really help me nail down the problem.

thanks
rmathus

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 - 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jon,

As last time, looks great Smile The only quirky thing I can find about it is if you press the volume down button on the widget enough times, it will eventually just go to down to no sound and then the next click on that button will bring it back to full volume.

If that's not clear (which is a bit tricky to explain!), here's what I mean. Let's say it takes 10 clicks of the volume down button on the widget to get iTunes to be silent. The 11th click on the volume down button will bring it back up to full volume. In my opinion it should check and see if iTunes is essentially muted. If it is, then clicking that button should do nothing. To get the sound to come back up gradually the user should be forced to hit the volume up button on the widget.

Of course in the end, that's your decision on what to do with it - leave it as it is 'cause you're happy with it/it works as it should, or change it. Other than that, I can't find any other abnormalities! Well done, again! Smile
jonlink

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 - 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only quirky thing I can find about it is if you press the volume down button on the widget enough times, it will eventually just go to down to no sound and then the next click on that button will bring it back to full volume.

wow, thanks for catching that, it should work exactly as you think-- once down it does nothing. I'll make sure to fix it.

thanks again
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.