Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Testing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

MetalHistory Test

novis

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 - 11:25 pm    Post subject: MetalHistory Test Reply with quote

Hello,
I want as many people as I can get to check out my latest widget. Altough its not fully complete, it is VERY close.

http://novisdesign.1l.com/MetalHistory.wdgt.zip

If you find a bug/problem with it PLEASE let me know. Also, if you would like to see some features implemented let me know.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
jtbandes

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 - 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the back, if you click and hold on the done button, then drag the mouse off, it still looks pressed. I would add a:
Code:
onmouseout="document['doneButton'].src = 'Done.png';"
novis

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 - 10:20 am    Post subject: Metal History Reply with quote

Thanks Will Do,
I have also noticed this before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
novis

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 - 7:01 pm    Post subject: mh Test Reply with quote

Okay,
I believe this is now fixed. Much thanks to jtbandes. If anyone else has something to say about it, please speak up.

Thanks
jtbandes

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 - 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's fixed. I think the scrollbar arrows should be moved to the bottom, and the discography (?) button should go back to the other screen when it's clicked again. Kinda like a checkbox; you can click on it to check it and again to uncheck it.
novis

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 - 8:57 pm    Post subject: mh Test Reply with quote

Hey,
I think your idea about the discography button is a perty good idea. I will see if my javacript skills are good enough to to achieve the checkbox type operation. Also, I can put the arows at the bottom, but does it make that much of a difference?

Thanks
purvisa

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 - 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your JS skills don't need to be that good at all. Rather than have the discography button change to the discography, have it check status of the display so it can change to what is not current. Really, this is not much different than your having a completely different layout, including a different button, for the discography screen...just more efficient than wheel reinvention.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
novis

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 - 10:02 am    Post subject: mh Test Reply with quote

Hey,
Its really harder than it seems. The way I have set the switching from year to year up kindof doesn't allow for such a switch back and forth, that I know of. I could just have a different screen pop up for the disographys. Is that what you mean?

Thanks for all the input
jtbandes

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 - 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you had a seperate div pop up, that would work too. The arrows at the bottom is just a preference thing, because Mac OS X has them that way (even though there is a preference to separate them.)
novis

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 - 10:55 am    Post subject: mh Test Reply with quote

Hey,
Yeah, if something else poped up over it -like how i did the credits and instructions- I could certainly do that. Also I am going to make a preference for the way you would like your scroller. You can choose from seperate, none, top, or bottom. I should be done with these new features by the next couple of days.

Anything Else?
novis

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 - 3:53 pm    Post subject: mh Test Reply with quote

Okay,
Now it shrinks to a smaller version (the x still doesn't fade in, if someone can help me with that code it would be of much appreciation). It also has the option of the choice how you would like the buttons (none, top, bottom, sperate). I still have not started on the Discography layer but the widget is just about done. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
novis

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 - 7:03 pm    Post subject: mh Test Reply with quote

Hey,
Now it almost nearing compleation. I still need to get the images to load in from external sources. There will be a check box on the back to turn this on and off, but other than that it is just about done. Another other suggestions will be nice.

Thanks
jtbandes

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 - 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Animate the expand/collapse motion
- Move the close box to the edge of the widget (down & to the right) using CloseBoxInsetX/Y in the Info.plist
- Make "Bottom" the default setting for the scrollbars
- Make the X button behave like the i button
- Maybe also use a flip-over animation for the Discography?
novis

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 - 6:49 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

If only I knew enough javascript to do all that stuff. Some I can do. But I need some help with all the fading/animations. If you want to help jtbandes that would be apreciated.

Thanks
jtbandes

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 - 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do that myself either, sorry!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2  Next