Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Javascript "Drag" within Page not working

fredwagner

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 - 8:04 pm    Post subject: Javascript "Drag" within Page not working Reply with quote

Hi,

Trying to make a little widget for myself -- I designed it as an html document.

I'm using Javascript to make certain things "draggable". This functionality works fine in a web browser, but in the Dashboard view it breaks.

Instead of dragging the individual item, it always seems to think I want to move the entire widget around.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks for any thoughts!
galendw

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 - 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you right, you're having trouble dragging text and/or images from a widget. This is how widgets work.

The workaround that I know of (but, admittedly, have never tried) is to put the text and/or images into a non-editable textarea.

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 - 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for replying -- I'll clarify.

I've implemented this "drag" functionality in a little page:

http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/dragdrop_e.htm

Basically, I would like to have the "front end" of my widget consist of little things that I drag around.

While this "drag" functionality works just fine in a web browser, it fails once I put it in widget form.

Thanks again!
gandreas

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 - 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to set up an apple-dashboard-region style for the area of your Widget that you want to behave as draggable (or otherwise tracking mouse dragging movements), because the rest of the Widget is treated as "dragging here moves the Widget with the mouse" by the Dashboard.

See this page for details...
fredwagner

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 - 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy once you know how... thx for that info!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.