Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Testing

BattStat detailed battery status

adam1piano

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 - 5:09 pm    Post subject: BattStat detailed battery status Reply with quote

Just created this to display detailed battery statistics without needing to open System Profiler. Works on the same level as kvaruni's Battery Status but with a customizable numeric display rather than percentages. (I actually hadn't found Battery Status until after making this one) Let me know what you think. http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/BattStat.wdgt.zip.wdgt.zip?a=downloadFile&user=adam1piano&path=.Public/BattStat.wdgt.zip (hope that link works..)
IanTheMacFan
No longer registered

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 - 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some improvements:
Don't put your name on the front. (On the back is OK.)
Put the info button in the lower right corner.
Get rid of the yellow circle.
Use a real Aqua image for the top bar. I could make one if you want.
adam1piano

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 - 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I'll make the changes you suggested. The yellow icon actually adjusts for ac/charging/discharging but it was a last-minute addition last night. I just need to think of something a little more classy.

As for the Aqua image, I would love one! I threw that image together in my attempt at making something nice in photoshop, but I really know nothing about graphics and/or design.

Heh, also just thought I'd mention that initially I hadn't even thought of distributing this, just using it to see if I could do it. Once I saw that it worked (and I was on this site just looking for other widgets) I decided that I might post it as there aren't too many others like it. In any case, I'm glad someone's liked it so far. Wink
IanTheMacFan
No longer registered

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 - 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What font did you use for the titlebar?
adam1piano

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 - 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Lucida Sans Typewriter but I pretty much just picked something at random that looked ok. It could be anything really, I don't know much about the graphical aspects.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.