Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

iTunes Half Billion Counter

earthsaver

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 - 11:56 am    Post subject: iTunes Half Billion Counter Reply with quote

With Apple's new countdown to half a billion songs purchased on iTMS, I decided to try to create a widget to show the same content as on the current iTunes homepage. I think I got close, given Apple provided all the code in its page source, however I'm missing something. Would someone like to take over? I'd be happy to send you what I have so far.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
google636

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 - 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be, but I'm trying to do it myself also. I am also very busy at this time, so I'll see how it goes, but chances are someone else is doing the exact same thing at this very moment!
BagOfHammers

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 - 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a few people have been racing that one out. Maclover has one out in the Msc category.

Watching counters isn't exactly my thang, nor do I think it needs to be placed at my fingertips when of course I can see it on the site, but, that's just me. I guess it would be a historical event. Better get the plans ready for a billion-song counter, eh?

What I'd like to see, just for the sake of it, is not a countdown that counts up, but a countdown that counts DOWN! Now that would be qwerky, won't it?

Then you could put them side by side. I wonder if anyone's calculating when to buy a song to be the 500,000,000th buyer.
earthsaver

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 - 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is. Although not via this widget necessarily. There's an app released last night that follows the count and estimates the time of each 100,000 crossing: iTunes Estimator.[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
IanTheMacFan
No longer registered

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 - 12:14 pm    Post subject: iTunes One Billion Counter Reply with quote

Get working! Make a 1 Billion song countdown!
earthsaver

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 - 1:03 pm    Post subject: no need Reply with quote

iTMS Estimator already is it.
IanTheMacFan
No longer registered

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 - 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That always says the next one will be sold on July 7, 2005.
earthsaver

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 - 11:59 pm    Post subject: did you download the new version? Reply with quote

it was updated a week ago for the new destination
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.