Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Introductions

pm
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarryISKewl wrote:
Haha, DBE uses Photopost Mello Evil or Very Mad Rock on DBD!

Be nice, Larry
pourhadi
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Pourhadi; been on the iComp team since the beginning; mostly do tech journalism now... er, well, at least that's what I like to believe.

I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time here, helping to make this site a great place for Dashboard developers and users alike!
mattf
Server Admin

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powermac99 wrote:
gnome wrote:
I'm Gnome, and if I wasn't here we would have an inferior showcase. Razz OK, I've done enough self-promotion methinks.

Yes, we would have been using Photopost Mello

Gnome is awesome. If you have any spare (chunk preferably) change laying around, maybe chuck it over his way Smile

-m
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN MessengerWidgets
pm
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macreator wrote:
LarryISKewl wrote:
I'm LarryISKewl, from Buffalo, NY and I blog at amacgenius.com and I just opened a site for voting for your favorite Dashboard site (I voted DBD Wink )

http://www.dashboardbattle.com

-Larry

So much for friendly competition. Razz . Nice design though Smile . Can you guess who I voted for?

Just for the record, Larry doesn't volunteer with DBD. His comments are his own and do not represent the opinion of this site. We're all for a friendly competition. Good luck Smile
mikepj

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Mike Piatek-Jimenez. My first Mac programming project was a system monitor called XRG that I began working on a few years ago in my spare time. Last year, I started a Mac software company called Gaucho Software. When Apple announced the Dashboard feature in Tiger, I thought it would be cool to port some XRG stuff to a Dashboard Widget, and thus Dash Monitors was born. Right now the only version I have released is 1.0, but I'm hoping to release 1.1 soon with some nicer graphics. Check the project website for more details.

This site looks great, and I really hope a lot of developers use this as a resource for developing Widgets. I'm looking forward to seeing your end-user site as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
LarryISKewl

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powermac99 wrote:
macreator wrote:
LarryISKewl wrote:
I'm LarryISKewl, from Buffalo, NY and I blog at amacgenius.com and I just opened a site for voting for your favorite Dashboard site (I voted DBD Wink )

http://www.dashboardbattle.com

-Larry

So much for friendly competition. Razz . Nice design though Smile . Can you guess who I voted for?

Just for the record, Larry doesn't volunteer with DBD. His comments are his own and do not represent the opinion of this site. We're all for a friendly competition. Good luck Smile

The views expressed by me are my own and I am in no way affiliated with DBD Wink.

-Larry
Dori

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Introductions, eh? I guess that means that I should chime in.

I'm Dori Smith, author of the upcoming Dashboard Widgets for Mac OS X: Visual QuickStart Guide. I'm keeping a list of Dashboard-related sites at http://www.dori.com/dashboard/. If you know of other sites I should add, please let me know.

Great to be here, and powermac99, thanks for the email-- I'll be replying to it in a sec.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
zach

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I designed and coded the interface of dashboarddev.com (while gnome coded the scripts under the hood). I hope everyone likes it! You can view my other websites at antistupid.com.

I look forward to seeing some great widgets!

Zach Raffensperger
zach@antistupid.com
antistupid.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
cheese1113

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 7:32 pm    Post subject: Hey! Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I'm Max.
I am a regular over at icompositions.
I don't have Tiger yet, but I am already working on improving my html skills!

?Max
Chris

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there guys.
Um. I spend (far too much of) my time over at thedashboarder.com. It's nice to see a few familiar faces here (Dori and Mike - I'm looking at you Wink).

Anyhoo - If you guys have any ideas for widgets, please ask. I pretty much spend every minute writing widgets when I've nothing better to do (which can sometimes be an unfortunate amount of time in a day - I'm a student after all...). You can see what I'm up to over at http://www.vanillasoap.com.

Something which may interest other devs is http://www.vanillasoap.com/widgets/Scrollbar/scroller.html. I have quite a few other custom objects for making widget creation easier, but this is the one I've written up the most.

Cheers,

Chris.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
jlgerk

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't deny your natural talent to, find/make/have, the time to do good things.
Jeremy
Administrator

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 - 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day, I'm Jeremy, founder of The Dashboarder, which (for those who aren't aware) recently merged with DashboardDeveloper to form DashboardWidgets.

The crew here from The Dashboarder will hopefully still remember me Wink Looking forward to working with everyone here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
takaaki

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 - 8:51 pm    Post subject: Add more links Reply with quote

I bet you guys might wanna add more links in links page. There are many more articles and pages on Dashboard now. Put a link to cometitor website, which has some widgets uploaded, to show your excellence in having better showcase. You guys rock!
gnome
Administrator

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 - 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gnome is awesome. If you have any spare (chunk preferably) change laying around, maybe chuck it over his way Smile

Matt, I love you. Throw the chunks of cash at Matt, not me.

takaaki wrote:
I bet you guys might wanna add more links in links page. There are many more articles and pages on Dashboard now. Put a link to cometitor website, which has some widgets uploaded, to show your excellence in having better showcase. You guys rock!

Cheers! Not a bad idea. Smile
Dumbledore132

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 - 3:01 pm    Post subject: Hey. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Dumbledore.

I. Love. This. Site.

The graphics are asthetically pleasing, the effects are awesome, the idea for this site is extremely professional.

Oh yeah, and I love the iChat smileys. (I did the same thing on my website, being "hopelessly addicted to the mac" also.)

I'd like to take a minute to say that I can't wait until Tiger comes out...

In 17 days no less! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Did anyone see the new design on the Apple homepage and on /macosx?

Isn't dat purdy?!?!?!

w00t.

--Dumble Wizard
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next