Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Scrollbar Issues with Vertical Resizing

skyhawkrider

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 - 8:04 pm    Post subject: Scrollbar Issues with Vertical Resizing Reply with quote

I'm having problems getting my scrollbar to resize when I vertically resize the widget. I've been trying all kinds of things in order to get it to work, and now I have no idea how to fix it; I'm using the AppleClasses scrollbar (one DIV in the CSS and everything else stored in the "AppleClasses" directory). Anybody know what to do?

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Lutin

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 - 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add scrollArea.refresh(); at the end of the function mouseUp(event)
Code:

function mouseUp(event)
{
    document.removeEventListener("mousemove", mouseMove, true);
    document.removeEventListener("mouseup", mouseUp, true);
    event.stopPropagation();
    event.preventDefault();

scrollArea.refresh();
}

Please let me know if it worked.
filipp

Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 - 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I had the exact same problem as skyhawkrider - the scroller wouldn't resize when resizing the widget. Apple's Dictionary "solution" of using 6 images, 10 divs and 50 lines of CSS (which I guess they have to do to support users that'd don' have the AppleClasses?) seemed insane.

Lutin, Your solution worked beautifully. Thanks! You put the fun back into developing Dashboard widgets. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.