Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

A special Gmail widget

jtbandes

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 - 8:10 pm    Post subject: A special Gmail widget Reply with quote

I really want a Gmail widget that fits in the tiny little cranny between the dock and the edge of the screen (see picture), and all it does is tell you how many unread messages you have in your inbox. Will someone please do this?

The space:

Niles: "I most certainly will not!"
-Frasier
marcintosh

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 - 8:24 pm    Post subject: gmail widget Reply with quote

My dock is pretty full, so I don't have the little cranny of which you speak. I'd need to know the exact dimensions you want. However, I think I can save us both some time. Have you tried this widget? http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/showcase/details.php?wid=1081
jtbandes

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 - 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's a picture for perspective:

It just kinda barely doesn't fit. I want something with an update of every 1 minute, but smaller. Just so that it fits there.
-Frasier
marcintosh

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 - 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 4 widgets in the works right now. I'll add this to the list. In the mean time you should check out Gmail Notifier (http://mail.google.com/mail/help/notifier/index.html) That's what I use and it works great. And it skips the step of opening the Dashboard to see if you have mail.
jtbandes

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 - 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd use developer mode anyway, and have it on the desktop, so opening Dashboard wouldn't be an issue. Thanks for doing this.
-Frasier
SanHolo

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 - 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said, the GMail Notifier sits in your Menubar, does exactly what you want it to, and even lets you see who send a mail and read the first words of every message.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.