Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

Dashboard Cover

kenaroni

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 - 10:11 am    Post subject: Dashboard Cover Reply with quote

I have had an idea for a Dashboard widget for a long time, and I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. Probably because it's not even possible to do...

It might be a misuse for the concept of a widget, but I want to make something called "Dashboard Cover" that would give one the ability to cover their Dashboard background with the tile pattern of their choice.

I was actually able to do this by taking the widget "inGrid" made by David Léonard, and replacing his transparent grid with my own opaque pattern. It's possible to make it work (sort of), by loading the background widget first, then all the other ones on top of it. This is not practical, of course - and there's no way to keep the pattern widget in the background if you accidentally click it, or even when Dashboard starts up for that matter. Does anyone know of a workaround?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.