Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Resizing issue with backside.

Talie

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 - 12:10 pm    Post subject: Resizing issue with backside. Reply with quote

I'm making my first widget and the backside isn't the same size as the front. After the first i-flip, the backside (which is bigger) doesn't expand to its full size until I click on it. It remains the correct size after that (but not always).

I have tried with both resizeTo and resizeBy and I get the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
JohnGaver

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 - 12:43 am    Post subject: Look in the CSS or HTML Reply with quote

Without knowing any more about your code, all that I can suggest, is that you look at the CSS definitions and how they interface with the HTML.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
bbellina

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 - 3:37 pm    Post subject: Resizing issue with backside preferences Reply with quote

It has been a month since you posted, so you have probably figured something out, but I'll post in case you haven't. I have successfully used window.resizeTo for a widget that has a differently sized sides. Code shown below.

function showPrefs()
{
var front = document.getElementById("front");
var back = document.getElementById("back");

document.getElementById('fliprollie').style.display = 'none';

document.getElementById('flip').style.display = 'none'; // hide the i-button before the resize

if (window.widget)
{
// resize the widget to the large size because the back is larger than the front
// the resize must be done before the transition
window.resizeTo (backwidth, backheight);

widget.prepareForTransition("ToBack");
}

front.style.display="none";
back.style.display="block";

if (window.widget)
setTimeout ('widget.performTransition();', 0);

document.getElementById('flip').style.display = 'block'; // reshow the i-button after the resize is finished

}

function hidePrefs()
{
var front = document.getElementById("front");
var back = document.getElementById("back");

if (window.widget)
{
widget.prepareForTransition("ToFront");

// resize the widget to the smaller size because the back is larger than the front
// the resize must be done after the transition
window.resizeTo (frontwidth,frontheight);
}

front.style.display="block";
back.style.display="none";

if (window.widget)
setTimeout ('widget.performTransition();', 0);

document.getElementById('helprollie').style.display = 'none';
}
mapled

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 - 3:33 pm    Post subject: smoothly resize Reply with quote

Also have a look here for a solution: http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8858#8858

btw. Canada rocks! Cool
Greenie

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 - 5:23 am    Post subject: Could be something else Reply with quote

Hi,

there's another issue (a bug as it seems) involving resizing of the widget, described here:

http://blog.keilly.com/2007/05/widget-resize.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ NumberWidgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.