Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Quicktime and Javascript Problems

JimNayzium

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 - 10:28 pm    Post subject: Quicktime and Javascript Problems Reply with quote

I am developing a widget that uses Javascript to control a quicktime movie...and the problem is whenever I want to drag and scrub the 'timeline' of the quicktime plugin...the whole widget grabs and moves....

I can do everything else I want to with the control of the quicktime player, just not scrub the timeline...

any suggestions?
Greenie

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 - 7:33 pm    Post subject: Did you declare a control-region? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've never used the quicktime plugin but maybe you need to declare a control-region (a region that does not allow to move the widget around). Maybe that helps:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/AppleApplications/Conceptual/Dashboard_ProgTopics/Articles/ControlRegions.html

Greetings,

Stephan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ NumberWidgets
JimNayzium

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 - 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new here to this forum...but not to forums in general...

Just wanted to post here that this solution was exactly the right one!!! VERY helpful.

Here is the very simple code I added to my project make the quicktime movie draggable like you would expect...

First, I have my movie-object inside a div with an id of 'movie_area'

so I just added the ID to the CSS sheet like this

Code:
#movie_area {
   -apple-dashboard-region: dashboard-region(control rectangle);
}

AND booyah -- worked like a charm...this way the entire div that is holding the quicktime movie -- which expands and contracts depending on the movie loaded...will serve as the control area rectangle....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.