Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

NFL Widget

friedguy

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 - 4:08 pm    Post subject: NFL Widget Reply with quote

I have not put much thought into this, but I am surprised I haven't seen one yet. Now that the season is about to start I would love to be able to keep up with the games via a widget. Maybe be able to switch between teams to view their schedule as well as get live game stats when one is being played.

I hope someone will make this happen because I have not had time to learn how to make widgets.
twisted

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 - 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something like this
(note this is just a mock-up)
friedguy

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 - 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is definately a start. I'm guessing you just made that up real quick. I think that a little more aqua would be nice, but that is just me being picky. As far as the information included that is also a good start. I am still trying to figure out what would be good need to know information for a particular game.

Also, as I mentioned before if there was a drawer that slid out with all of the NFL teams them when you would click on that you could view the team's schedule. If the game had already been played it shows the final score, if the game is currently being played it shows the current score and you are able to click on that game to view how much time is left in the game, etc.

I think I would like to give this a try for my first widget. The only problem is that I don't have Photoshop or very much experience with it. Therefore if there is any designer out there who would like to help me with this I would be very grateful.

Send me an email: friedguy@gmail.com
rmathus

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 - 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tossing in an idea for the widget if anyone cares to take it on...

Make it skinable, if possible. For example, everyone has a favorite NFL team, so why not have that team's logo as part of the frontside of the widget (leaving the back as a selection for your favorite team, stats to show, etc). It'd make the widget cooler looking and more customized to that user's fav. team Smile
friedguy

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 - 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am going to try to develop this, hopefully with the help of twisted. We already have what you might say is a prototype design, but I have definately thought about different skins for teams. All that means is more graphic work and a little more code. So most likely that would come in an update to the widget, so we can get a functional one as soon as possible.
wilder212

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 - 3:29 pm    Post subject: I've got an idea too Reply with quote

I've got a mock up already done for college football and could be easily adapted to the NFL but I don't have a way to post a pic.

Any help?[/img]
twisted

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 - 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this project is some what dead in the water, so far the graphics are done but friendguy seems to be in over his head. If anyone would like to help out that would be greatly apreciated.

here is the current mock up.
friedguy

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 - 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. I already talked to him about it, twisted. I think the main problem is that there aren't any RSS feeds. Therefore you would have to create your own, which has now been done.
aamann

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 - 6:24 pm    Post subject: Just finished and published an NFL widget Reply with quote

I am probably chiming in a little late for this thread but I just uploaded my new NFL widget:

http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/showcase/details.php?wid=2143
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.