Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

Thinking about developing a ToDo-Widget

Greenie

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 - 3:10 am    Post subject: Thinking about developing a ToDo-Widget Reply with quote

Hi all,

just wanted to know if there are folks who still need a ToDo-Widget. I am thinking (actually already developing) one for myself as I didn't like any of those that are floating around (not too many anyway). I want it to be as-simple-as-possible, a bit like the "DoIt"-Application but with a bit more functionality, so every important info is shown on the front (and possibly editable by clicking on the different elements of one ToDo-Item. Would like to hear your thoughts about it...
Ah yes, a necessity I'd say would be the use of growl, at least I think that's the only way I could alert the user.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ NumberWidgets
pwb2103

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 - 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, now that the dobedo to-do list widget is not compatible with 10.5 (and apparently won't ever be compatible) my entire life is falling apart.

well maybe that is a bit dramatic.

But yes, if you can create an extremely efficient and functional widget to manage to-do lists I'll be anxious to see it.

If you are looking for ideas I'd love to see one with the following qualities:
-not ugly
-fast creation of new items
-one click to mark tasks complete
-order by priority or adjust order by dragging (or both?)
-ical integration?

... I guess I'm not creative enough to come up with more ideas but I would be thrilled to see what you come up with because it sounds like you have good things planned.
Dondi

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 - 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up!
pwb2103

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 - 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like I may not be the only person who signed up for the forum specifically so that I could post about this to-do widget. How is THAT for interest?

Oh, and what would be the best way to find this widget once you are finished with it?
Greenie

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 - 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks für the replies. So I think it might not be all too useless (at least if the widget works as intended). And regarding availabilty: This site will be the obvious place to put it on once it's ready. Or at least post a message in this thread when the widget is in a beta-state.

About the suggestions:

- iCal-integration is not a priority for myself as I'd rather have everything in one place (which would be the widget, in this case).
- fast creation of ToDos and a simple usage are one of the main priorities. Hope I can achieve that.
- not sure about dragging, but I wanted to include some kind of sorting mechanism (by priority or due-date, these whould be the most obvious interesting points of an ToDo-item).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ NumberWidgets
pwb2103

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 - 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds most excellent. VERY excited.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.