Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Dashcode?

ArtOfWarfare

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 - 2:01 pm    Post subject: Dashcode? Reply with quote

Ok... I've upgraded to Leopard... now where the heck is dashcode? Where on earth are any of the development tools? I can't find interface builder, dashcode, or Xcode. Were they included on a separate CD that I didn't get (I got it with my iMac that I bought on Friday... the Leopard CD was just stuck in the box... should I have gotten another CD with it?)

Or do I need to download it or something?

On another note... dashclip is a very cool feature. I turned the hour by hour weather list into a widget. It's much more useful to me than the 5 day week widget. Unfortunetly... there doesn't appear to be a way to say dashclippings. So when I deleted it... I could find away to get it back without going back to the website and clicking on the dashclipping button.
ajclayton

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 - 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Developer Tools (Dashcode, XCode and Interface Builder) plus other goodies are on the DVD that Leopard ships on but you need to install them by inserting the disc and running that manually.
ArtOfWarfare

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 - 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will I have to reinstall leopard or can I install only the developer tools?

Edit: Ok... I found a file labeled Optional Installs on the disk... how do I install the things? Just double click the packages?

2X Edit: Well, for people who have the same problem I did... you need to insert the Leopard CD, into

Optional Installs => Xcode

and then install the Dashcode and XcodeTools package... I'm not really sure what that WebObjects package does but I installed it anyways.

3X Edit: It installs these in the Developer file on the HD where leopard was installed.

4X Edit: Geez... Leopard has been really bad at estimating how long tasks like installing things or transferring files will take... things tend to finish 3X as fast as it says they will. I like that Smile.
ajclayton

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 - 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you figured it all out. Enjoy playing around with the Tools. The WebObjects is to do with internet development. It's something I didn't install myself but you'll do no harm having it on your system.

Enjoy!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.