Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Lounge

Widget-A-Week, a site of self-commitment

wristtattoo

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 - 2:48 pm    Post subject: Widget-A-Week, a site of self-commitment Reply with quote

Ok so as a test of self commitment i am going to design/produce a widget every week till this time next year and blog about it.

http://www.widgetaweek.blogspot.com/

I love dashboard widgets but only know how to produce the basics. My aim is to learn along the way on a 52 week-by-week project.

What have i done?!
dawnzky05

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 - 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad that you are on your initial step now. In my case, I wanted to have a blog but I don't know where to start.

-----------------
widget shoes
wristtattoo

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 - 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cripes i forgot i posted that on here. Yeah widget-a-week rocked in 2008. I decided on Dec 09, 2007 (according the date i posted) to commit myself to produce a-widget-a-week. Personally, i leant by getting my hands dirty in code then discovered Dashcode (which hinered as much as helped), but as a WYSIWYG editor it's superb.

I got as far as week 30 or something then decided to stop producing freebies as private commissions were coming in. A filtered range of my widgets are live on my site surfacemarking.com

Cheers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.