Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

New Widget works in Dashcode but not in Dashboard

nogi

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 - 8:59 pm    Post subject: New Widget works in Dashcode but not in Dashboard Reply with quote

I am using Dashcode to build a new Widget and it works fine from within Dashcode. The problem is that when it's deployed as a Widget, the Dashboard won't run it properly - I can't see the little "i" or get into the settings. Any ideas?

I have edited the plist and ensured that AllowNetworkAccess, AllowSystem are set to true. Nothing comes up in console either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
thewilson

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 - 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you accessing files outside of the widget? If so you may need to enable the
<AllowFileAccessOutsideOfWidget> key to <true/>

Does everything else work just the little i icon is not appearing?
nogi

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 - 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some help from an apple mailing list, I managed to get the icons working. Now stuck with the HTML/XML not working when deployed. The AllowNetworkAccess key should have done the trick but it hasn't.

The XML error is: XML Http.request exception error 101
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.