Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Lounge

What's with a the freakin' golf spam!?

marcintosh

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 - 7:23 am    Post subject: What's with a the freakin' golf spam!? Reply with quote

What's with a the freakin' golf spam!? Is there anyone on the other end of this thing? I tried for weeks to get a response to a request to remove one of my widgets. Nothing. Now my forum feed is full of spam posts! This site has fallen very far, very fast.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 - 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi marc,
I haven't received any messages from you regarding removing widgets. How did you try to contact me?

Sorry for the golf spam... I remove it when I see it.
marcintosh

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 - 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard from Staples, Inc. They'd like me to remove my Easy Button Widget. I sent messages through the contact page. First, I tried Request Support and got no response. I tried again, still no response. I tried Send a Comment. Nothing. I finally ended up sending a PDF of the letter I received as an update to my widget since I saw that new widgets were still being posted. But my widget is still there. I've told Staples that I tried everything I could think of and that they should deal with you guys directly. If you do take it down, I'll be sure to notify them. Just a suggestion, but maybe you could implement some sort of "Manage Widgets" function for users to turn their widgets on and off or something. Just a thought. Sorry if I sound bitter. This whole ordeal has been a big hassle for such a harmless widget.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 - 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi marc,
It doesn't appear that the Contact Us form has actually been sending messages properly. I'm very sorry about that! I've fixed the bug with the form and removed the widget for you.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would appreciate it if you could also convey my apology to Staples as well.

Thanks,
pm
marcintosh

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 - 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking care of this for me. I'll pass it on to TPTB. And I take back what I said about this site falling far and fast. Once I was able to get in touch with you, you were very responsive.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.