Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

video resolution calculated

MMOTU

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 - 5:59 am    Post subject: video resolution calculated Reply with quote

Hi
I often embed videos on my blog with the provided embed code.
I need videos with 640 x XXX for my blog.
It's easy with youtube videos because they offer different resolution.
Yahoo Video and other webpages don't have that feature and I have to calculate the size on my own.

If the video is 440 x 300 then I have to find out the resolution.
In this case it would be 640 x 436.

I can easily change the resolution since it is written in the embed code.
Code:
<object width="450" height="303"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/19594"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/19594" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="303" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

I would love to have a widget where I can set the needed video width (in my case 640) and then I just enter the the current width and height and it gives me the correct setting for the heights.

I hope you know what I mean! Wink

Laters
Thomas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
marcintosh

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 - 8:27 am    Post subject: This might work for you. Reply with quote

I was bummin' around the forums and came across you post again. Not sure if you found/coded a solution yet, but if I understand your problem this widget should work for you.
MMOTU

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 - 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS! Smile
Looks perfect!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.