Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

The official 'converting Konfabulator Widget

dev_nut

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 - 11:50 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Yes this is the official 'converting Konfabulator Widget to Dashboard Gadget' thread!

I am assuming that a lot of the people creating gadgets for Dashboard are, and will be, people that have in the past created widgets for Konfabulator. This thread will hopefully contain tips and advice from people that have converted a Konfab widget to a Dashboard gadget.

So, have you converted a widget into a gadget? What are the main difficulties? Are some types of widgets easier to convert than others?

Post your tips on the process here!
Solsonic

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 - 11:50 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Nice Thread, I need some tips on converting a widget to gadget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
netbox

try:

copy a "prebuild" gadget from apple.
change the info.plist file to youre properties.

steal the png's from the konfab widget.
and try to move (aka recreate) the javacode from it

conclusion, I don't come futher than stealing the png's
and after that I, myself have to recreate all the layouts Wink

So forget the Konfab's and start from scratch, Gadgets are far more
powerfull, and give U a nice oppertunity to make something
really nice by youre self.

have luck

netbox
dev_nut

So forget the Konfab's and start from scratch, Gadgets are far more
powerfull, and give U a nice oppertunity to make something
really nice by youre self.

Oh I completely agree when it comes to someone else's widgets. I was more starting the thread for authors of Konfab widgets here that were able to share their experiences converting their widget into a gadget. not so much for people to be converting other people's widgets into gadgets.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.