Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Comments and Suggestions

why are negative reviews removed?

dturley

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 - 1:38 pm    Post subject: why are negative reviews removed? Reply with quote

I posted a review of a widget that had a nag screen, such that the widget couldn't be used if there was no internet connection. Strangely enough the comment vanished. This site is worthless since the moderator appears to abhor honesty.

Interestingly, day later the widget author posted an update to fix the problem, so the problem was real. But the moderator removed the post well before the fix was out.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 - 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't remove comments unless they violate our Terms of Service or our external linking policy and it appears that your comment did not fit that classification. I don't know why yours would have been deleted but I'll look into it. Which widget was it?

Note that there are hundreds of other negative comments that we don't remove (see any widget in the "Decorative" category).
pm
Administrator

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 - 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind the "which widget" question, I see it now.

It upsets me to be accused of censoring criticism of a widget produced by a sponsor when in fact the company in question has no such sponsorship with us.

We do not, in any way, favor any widget developer over the others.

As I said, I will look into the removal of the comment but it should be assumed that it was removed by mistake and not a malicious moderator out to protect the developer.
BagOfHammers

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 - 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the records, one of my posts (not a negative review in this case) strangely disappeared. I do highly doubt the site managers would snub comments out, because they have so much going for the site. That said, maybe it's a technical issue...like server-somethingorothering or perhaps deranged treegnomes have been dabbling in tech.
gnome
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 - 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BagOfHammers wrote:
perhaps deranged treegnomes have been dabbling in tech. <(OUCH<)

I resent that.

Evil or Very Mad
BagOfHammers

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 - 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No siree, you are not a tree gnome.

You are a rock gnome.

You should know that!

Good luck with the fight against the Knomes, man!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.