Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Flash

treehill

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 - 11:11 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I'm new to all of this internet business, but would it be possible to create a gadget almost entirely in Flash? I'm more of a video graphics guy, and Flash is the only thing I really know how to use to make web stuff.
treehill

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 - 11:11 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Wow. That was the most helpful reply I have ever received in ANY forum EVER. Thanks a lot whoever you are. Do you have a copy of the gadget so I could have a look at it? And what JS code did you use to create that border? Has anyone else tried to accomplish this and succeeded? I'm very curious now.
Chris

The above was me - not that it matters who it was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
wrx_13

Hey '-j' - that was a great description up there regarding creating a flash gadget, thanks! How about you register so we can find your posts more easily?

Have you made any gadgets in the gadget archive?
Chris

I've noticed this too. Also, where I've got elements with event handlers attached, you can still click on them even without a controlRect over it. You can also drag it round too from the same element, of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Stanley_Sipchenko

i made a flash game but for some reason when you click once with safari in the widget you click 3 consecutive times to make it actually work like it did in safari with one click i use the triple click button on my 6 button mouse works perfectly
but for regular people this would get annoying so until thats worked out no release
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.