Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

2 things...

bdog

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 - 9:46 pm    Post subject: 2 things... Reply with quote

1. On the main page, each widget should have a date/time stamp as to when it was updated (or when the update was posted on the site). And another very cool thing you could do for registered users is make the background a different color for the widget (or some other kind of visual indicator) for all the new/updated widgets since last time you visited. (it is the exact same idea for looking for active threads in a forum since your last visit).

2. If you aren't logged in, you shouldn't see a comments text field for widgets. And only after you write up your review you find out that "you must be logged in to post comments" (or whatever the message is). This will simply frustrate users. Instead, there should be text saying "If you want to post comments, you need to login first" and you could have username/password fields, or a link to login, and a link to create a new account.

EDIT: Sorry, I could have sworn I posted this in Comments & Suggestions. I must be losing my mind...
bdog

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 - 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing #2.