Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Objects versus Parallax

wintershox

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 - 7:49 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Taken directly from my devblog:

The next issue is that of backgrounds. I must consider whether a two parallax system will slow Dashboard/Safari compared to one parallax + additional objects, (the objects on screen can already total upto 90.)

Any opinions? Smile
spauldingg

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 - 7:49 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I might have an opinion if I knew what the heck you were talking about. Wink

Got a link to your log, you know, a lincoln log?
Madmandan

Got a link to your log, you know, a lincoln log?

Taken from his member profile: Goffik.com
RAL

Parallax scrolling?

i.e. from the game (80's) where the backgrounds flow over each other to create the illusion of depth - before everything was 3D
Widgets
wintershox

Yes.

I am making an 80's style game for Dashboard using JavaScript, XHTML, CSS. (W3C DOM.)

I am making little developer notes at http://goffik.com/

For what it's worth, I highly recommend the book I recently bought, Javascript Pocket Reference. Whilst I don't *really* need it, it's a damned quick refresher, and in my opinion far far better than some of these door-stopper sized books.
JackoMac

Cool wintershox! I love those style games, are you planning just one, or a whole series of games?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.