Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

Tour de France Widget

icenine90

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 - 7:05 pm    Post subject: Tour de France Widget Reply with quote

Here's a widget idea: A Tour de France widget for those of us who don't have time to watch the endless coverage. Maybe something that shows standings, times, etc.
tie

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 - 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What website are you getting your info from?
JohnGaver

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 - 7:10 pm    Post subject: Tour de Frogland Reply with quote

OLN has a page on the Tour de Frogland that is updated every day, showing the gaps. It should be fairly easy to clip out the top 5 or 10 and display them in a widget, except for one thing. That page requires that you include the stage that you want to look at, so you would also have to include some logic, to change stages on a schedule. Still, even that shouldn't be hard. One nice thing is that it would only have to update once a day.

The start of the data would be:

<tbody>

The end of the data for the top 5, would be:

<tr>
<td class="position">6</td>

At this time, whenever I have the time to think about widgets, I am working on a widget design presentation for the Houston Area Apple User Group (HAAUG). But, if I find the time and if nobody else had done it by then, I may take a stab at it. It just has to be done soon and that's a problem for me.

The other thing is that the developer should probably get permission from OLN. I imagine that if you credit ONL, use the OLN logo and link to their site, they should have no problem with giving you permission.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Powermacguy

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 - 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/sports/tourdefrance.html

there is already one
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.