Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Weather in Japan?

BagOfHammers

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 - 2:08 pm    Post subject: Weather in Japan? Reply with quote

Is there a Weather widget that works in non-US locations?
tie

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 - 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look into modifying Apple's weather widget to pull data from a site that works. Should be doable (it's all javascript), and there's no need to reinvent the wheel.
globalvillager

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 - 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Weather in Japan? Reply with quote

Try entering the city and then hitting tab, instead of "done." Works for me Wink
BagOfHammers

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 - 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great...thank you, both of you, for your suggestions.

I had briefly glanced at Accuweather.com, the site the widget pulls from, but didn't seriously look into it as it seemed to be US-oriented...

I tried the tab thing and it worked! Now I just hope the meteorologists know their stuff, because I'm not exactly savvy on this programming bit and the idea of making the widget work with another site seems daunting.

Just glad it's working, for now. Thanks for clearing that up.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.