Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Troubles with Dashboard "forgetting" latest change

Poll Results: Have you had troubles with dashboard forgetting your latest changes?
Yes
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

EricNau

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 - 5:20 pm    Post subject: Troubles with Dashboard "forgetting" latest change Reply with quote

Hi,
I've noticed that sometimes when I log out, or restart my computer, that when I come back to the dashboard some of my widgets are in the wrong place, or a widget I decided to close has come back to it's original spot (sometimes a new widget I just put there won't be there anymore and I'll have to re-open it.)
I just want to see if other people are having the same problems, and if so, if there is a way to fix it.
galendw

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 - 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this problem occasionally too. I can't pinpoint it very well, but it does seem to happen more often when I restart or shut down when I'm still logged in.

Just my 2.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 - 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! I just wish I knew exactly why it was doing this, and maybe figure out a way to get around that little problem because it drives me crazy!
galendw

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 - 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another problem I've had with restarting or shutting down when I'm still logged in isn't really Dashboard related: I always get "Recovered Files" folder in my Trash. I'm not sure if this is a 'problem' per se, but it is kinda annoying. Anyone know what's going on?

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 - 9:13 pm    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

That also has happend to me and yes, I too find it very annoying.
EricNau

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 - 1:56 am    Post subject: Apple Help Reply with quote

I called Apple today and asked about this problem. He told me to delete the preferences file for my dashboard in my account...It reset everything (looked like the dashboard when I first took my computer out of the box.) ... I'm not sure if this worked or not because the dashboard wouldn't "forget" itself every time.
We'll see.
EricNau

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 - 1:34 am    Post subject: Didn't work! Reply with quote

Deleting the preferences folder did not work.
EricNau

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 - 3:33 am    Post subject: Did it Once Again Reply with quote

IT DID IT AGAIN! I'm starting to loose my mind, I don't understand why it would be doing this...and why apple hasn't fixed it!
Anybody else out there with any ideas?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.