Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Dashboard Documentation

ajtait

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 - 7:22 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Can any one tell the directory on the install DVD, or on a system that has the developer tools installed where I can find the dashboard gadget creation documentation. I have the install DVD and the Developer Tools and Documentation installed, but I can't seem to find it. Spotlight isn't working for some reason.

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 - 7:22 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

God did I sound stupid!Wink I thought I already looked through the documentation in the developer documentation thinggy in XCode. Turns out when I did a search for dashboard I was doing an API search not a Full-Text documentation search. Since a search in the developers documentation didn't work I tried a spotlight search. Well know I now to try before asking.

Um, how did you get spotlight to search the developer documentation?
esXXI

@joephish; Spotlight does it automatically, like Jobs demonstrated (he searched for a Japanese city I believe, and it returned a PDF file that contained the name of the city).
joephish

Yeah I know, and I've been using spotlight, getting all sorts of miraculous results - I love it. However, I've found it to be pretty limited in the locations that it would search. For example, it doesn't seem to like searching library folders, and certainly doesn't seen to like searching folders which aren't in home (except Applications).
esXXI

I wouldn't be surprised if they include a Spotlight preference panel by release - with selectable folder/drives to index and search.

Who knows, eh.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.