Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Pac Man Gadget Mockup

The Inn Keeper

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 - 10:49 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I would really love a Pac Man gadget at some point, despite my inability to create this myself. So I figured I might post in here asking for any mockups of a Pac Man game. If some good mockups get posted, then I might be able to find a developer on here willing to use those graphics to create a Pac Man game.

So gentlemen, start your photoshop!
Chris

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 - 10:49 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Right, so I'm bored again with not much to do (just finished a patience game I'll be posting soon). So, I've found a site with all the rules of Pac-Man and it states that the maze changes (for some reaosn I thought it was always the same but it got faster or something - but I suppose that would be boring...).

So, question - is this right, and if so, how many levels are there? I've made a way of moving a block around a maze, and also a script for making these mazes very easily (click where you want the blocks to go). So, I need to work on the AI of the ghosts and put in multiple mazes.

How does the score work? Is it time based?

Once again, making a game I have played very little...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Zooming Chicken Pants

Cool Idea, i would love to see a pac man gadget!
Keep up the great work guys!
The Inn Keeper

Hey this place is great, I post about a Pac Mac gadget, and by the time I come back, Jeremy has made a mockup and Chris has offered to make it.

This has to be one of the friendliest and most helpful internet communities I have come across to date, thanks guys!
Jeremy
Administrator

By the way - it uses up to change the piece round (anti-clockwise) and down to drop the piece. Not sure if that's good or not.

Sounds good to me. Fanatical Tetris players like to rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise, but most players are happy with those controls. (I sure am) Is it possible to make 'down' speed up the piece going down, and have space 'drop' the piece as such? If you don't know quite what I'm on about, check out any Tetris game available, i'm sure the majority work like this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Chris

Well, dropper is finished - but I'm sure there's loads of bugs I haven't found I think I'll plug away at it for another hour then release it...

By the way - it uses up to change the piece round (anti-clockwise) and down to drop the piece. Not sure if that's good or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Madmandan

Oh, and once again Jer, nice graphics there
Madmandan

I still play PacMan today so don't mind answering related questions His mouth always opens and closes regardless of whether he is eating or moving. So an animated gif would work just fine for that.

I would imagine that the AI for the ghosts would be the hardest part to implement (not overly hard, but much harder than making PacMan move around a maze) - but that sounds like a great task for you to do once dropper is finished
Chris

So, would pacman himself be an animated gif for the 'munching' effect? Or would it be two gifs and only doing the eating thing once it comes in contact with a piece of 'food'? I can't remember the ins and outs of pac man.
I made a maze web page a couple of years ago, so this should be quite rapid to develop - I just need to know the ins and outs of it.
Jeremy
Administrator

A very quick and dirty mockup based on the design I did for Chris's Snake Game:

The main PacMan graphics though are just a shrunk version of the original arcade game, placed into a sort of gadget outfit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Chris

Never mind. Found a flash version so I can get all the info from there
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.