Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

WANTED: Widget function

Poll Results: Do You like Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

qrcrazy56

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 - 11:30 am    Post subject: WANTED: Widget function Reply with quote

hay, i'm making a Krispy Kreme widget but it needs to do something. the code is all ready to go, but it contains nothing. I am a nonvince developer so I would also like the code to go along with the idea. thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
cerberus

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 - 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Widget function Reply with quote

qrcrazy56 wrote:
hay, i'm making a Krispy Kreme widget but it needs to do something. the code is all ready to go, but it contains nothing. I am a nonvince developer so I would also like the code to go along with the idea. thank you.

Have it locate the nearest Krispy Kreme .

cerberus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
qrcrazy56

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 - 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Widget function Reply with quote

good idea. the kk website has a store locator. the code can send the person the results in a new web window. how do i do that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
cerberus

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 - 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I wanted to do that, I would find a widget that worked in a similar way, e.g. Sean's Wikipedia widget.. Make a copy and then start playing with the code to learn how it works. When I encounter parts I don't understand, I go to the W3 schools website to learn it. If it is an Apple related function, I do a search on the ADC site.. The Javascript Safari reference for example, connects a lot of dots that their Dashboard section does not cover. Apple assumes you have read the Safari stuff before you start with widgets, both access the same WebKit functions.

cerberus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
qrcrazy56

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 - 3:32 pm    Post subject: RE: WANTED: Widget function Reply with quote

I will see about that. thank you for the advice
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.