Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Personal Webcam (iSight?) Gadget

cripen

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 - 7:37 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

To Julius Vu (the guy who created the webcam gadget) or anyone else who may know, is it possible to create a gadget that can show you a live webcam of your own?

I love the webcam gadget that Julius made that can show you places around the world, but I would like to be able to 'spy' on my webcam at home, from work, through a gadget as such.

Possibly it would have to work with some other software on the machine with the webcam, but I think it would be a great feature for security and whatnot if I could leave my iSight on at home, and then from work could 'see' through my webcam with dashboard if I felt the need.

Would this be hard Julius?
Julius

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 - 7:37 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Hi cripen!

No it would not be hard if you considered a setup like this: running QuickTime Broadcaster with a compatible webcam (like the iSight) on your Mac at home (or anywhere else) and streaming your live feed over the internet. You see, the only problem is to know how to setup QT Broadcaster properly... integrating your personal live feed into a gadget like JEarthCam would be no deal with an extended interface to input the IP address of your home mac (as this is usually dynamic) and the name of your live feed (if this is not a static name)...

Bye , Julius
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.