Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

First Post!

spudly

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 2:06 pm    Post subject: First Post! Reply with quote

had to....sorry Razz

Seriously though...who knows how to get started on these...especially as i'm lacking the latest builds of Tiger. I have a Widget that I'm eager to get started on but...alas...I think I'm S.O.L. until the Tiger is released from his cage...
Cube

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 2:44 pm    Post subject: Dashboard SDK Reply with quote

Is the only means of acquiring the Dashboard SDK through the Tiger Early Starters Kit?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ NumberWidgets
pm
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe so Sad
marook

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Dashboard SDK Reply with quote

Cube wrote:
Is the only means of acquiring the Dashboard SDK through the Tiger Early Starters Kit?

Yeah, AppleSeed members does not have a recent version yet. Latest here is from november.. Lips Locked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Andi

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, can't wait to get my hands on the final tiger.... Evil or Very Mad Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Garcon

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, to build a Widget, you first need to know HTML, JavaScript, and if you want it to look good, CSS. To get started, make a folder, and call it "[widget name].wdgt." Then, open your favorite text editor and write your Widget's HTML page. When you finish that, use the Xcode tool "Property List Editor" to make a plist with the properties decribed on this page. If you need more help, read the rest of that page. Hope that helps.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.