Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Bash Gadget

iremembercliford

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 - 9:22 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Ok. I am going to post this here, but please do not email me or tell me about all the problems. There are a lot, and I am aware of them. Please realize this is very hard gadget to make, and will take time. This is just so you can all see it really does work.

If you have a way to fix my JS code (not the plugin, because I am not posting any of that code) then please let me know.

This IS a working demo however, and it will run and work. Most of the issues are purely cosmetic. The plugin's name is "Bash Gadget" and will run bash.

A few notes before using:

1) I take no responsibility if you choose to install this. It is an early build, and may crash Dashboard. Just type "killall Dashboard" to restart.

2) Scrolling works, but you have to scroll down manually at this point

3) Upon authentication the first letter of your password will be visible, and the text you type at the following prompt will also be invisible. After that it's fine.

4) Because of problems in Dashboard, sometimes the scrollbar will work, and others it won't, and will click through to the desktop and close Dashboard. The bash state will stay persistant, and no data will be lost, but it gets annoying sometimes.

Installing and using:

1) After decompression, you MUST put the gadget in /Library/Gadgets for it to work. It will not work from anywhere else.

2) Just like the calculator, you must click on bashGadget to activate it. This is the way Dashboard knows which gadget is in the foreground.

3) Switching shells will cause weird characters to show up everywhere.

4) Only executables that do not take up the screen will work.( i.e. emacs won't)

5) That's it.

Other than bug reporting (unless its really weird and you think I don't know about it), feel free to send suggestions or code updates ( job offers welcome too )

Go here for download.

-Mike
Hes Nikke

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 - 9:22 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

yay! thanks
dev_nut

Very nice
wrx_13

Any updates on this gadget? Or any other gadgets in the works?

Will future version support things like emacs?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.