Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

quicktime in gadgets

spauldingg

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 - 6:28 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Can a Quicktime Media skin become a gadget? I made one a while ago, and it seems like the concept is quite similar to gadgets. And considering most of us are without Tiger Beta, Quicktime Media skins might be a good way to make betas we can all use and test.

any thoughts?

PS my portfolio media skin is here: (click the green arrow)
http://designasaur.com/images.html
dev_nut

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 - 6:28 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Nice skin Pity they never really took off for Apple, as they were good in premise.

I would say it could become a gadget in so-far that you would just make the skin a 24 bit PNG, then code in a quicktime movie in the middle.

Technically you wouldn't be converting the skin into a gadget, but simply making an embedded QT movie in a pretty picture.
spauldingg

Thanks for the compliments.
I have always wondered why Apple themselves didn't use them much, especially on the Trailers pages. They are a terrific way to brand a movie.
Gadgets would be good for branding movies, too. Imagine if StarWars was to send out a revenge of the sith gadget to fans, with updates and trailers added to it every day or so.

Hmmm, Maybe I'll make a mock up of the idea.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.