Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

No Seeding

iremembercliford

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 - 8:26 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Hello. I am one of the two developers of Bash Gadget. For those of you waiting for an upgrade, or a beta version - it won't be coming soon. Why? Because Apple decided it was a good idea to not seed students from WWDC. So, without a newer version, I will be unable to complete my work on the gadget until the full OS release. Bash Gadget still works now, and I will leave it available, but I won't be updating because I have no idea what changes are being made to Dashboard.

-Mike
iremembercliford

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 - 8:26 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Thanks to this contributor, I did, in fact get a key. Thanks again! Please feel free to send feature requests for when Dashboard is updated.
dev_nut

I would just like to thank the anonymous '-j' for not only contributing often around here, but for helping out a developer to continue work on a gadget that many of us use and appreciate.

Thanks to both of you!
isnane

I agree it sucks that Apple would give students a copy of Tiger, and then make them use the out-of-date software for over a year, until it is released to the public??

Why make students try hard to work around bugs in their build for a long time, when newer versions become available? Seems rather odd.
Widgets
esXXI

Quoting: Anonymous

how do you get a seed key? i just got the pre-release of tiger from my friend. he attended WWDC

I think;

1) That would qualify under piracy, since if you were a developer you should be able to get it on your own.
and
2) What "Key"?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.