Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

iTunes Gadgets (not controller)

spauldingg

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 - 7:05 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Just a thought: what if, when mac users buy a song through iTunes music store they had a (free) option to include a gadget of that artist. Basically like an interactive trading card with hooks to that artists video, updated tour dates, picture slideshow, links to official artist website, forums, etc.

This idea was an extension of a "trading card" idea I had: gadgets that are of a single sports personality, with stats on the back. Same for movies and musicians, Pokeman type cards, etc...
The Inn Keeper

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 - 7:05 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Sounds promising - however one could be careful to not have 'too many' gadgets everywhere. It certainly would be an attractive way to theme a small portal for an artist. I suspect that it may become troublesome to make it work in conjunction with the music store however.

What I would like to see along these lines is Upcoming movies releasing a gadget with a mini-game related to the movie, and the option of watching the movie trailer in the gadget. Much like they sometimes do now with flash games on a site, or screensavers to download. Maybe Pixar could be the first to do this given the Jobs relationship?
spauldingg

I have no access to preTiger so I don't know how the open/close bar works, but I suspect if gadgets are as popular as Apple hopes it won't be long for them or a third party to create a gadget sets mechanism. Then you could choose "handydandy" gadgets (weather, dictionary, search) or "funNgames" ( all the cool games developing here) or "Pokemon" to show all your favorite cards.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.