Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

gadget bar

jackinloadup

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 - 9:07 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

how do u get the gadgets to go in ur bar... b/c i can get some of the one's from this site to but never my own
esXXI

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 - 9:07 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but I think you have to include an Info.plist file in your gadget with the details (such as the name, etc).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Chris

Hmm... I should've checked last time I was logged into Tiger. Double clicking a gadget will open it on the dashboard, and it should be in the bar straight away. For it to stay there though, you have to put the gadget in /Library/Gadgets or ~/Library/Gadgets (I think).

I'll have to check if that's right when I go back into Tiger at some point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
esXXI

@Chris; Aye. If you don't move the Gadget to where you said (/Library/Gadgets) then it won't appear on next boot/log in, even if you haven't moved or deleted it.

Tiger will probably auto-copy opened Gadgets into that folder (and require people to "trash" gadgets on the Dashboard to get rid of them).
vmirce

I agree, I imagine the final release of Tiger to treat gadgets in a similar way to screensavers under Panther. (double click brings up a dialog asking to install screensaver for all users, or just the single user)
jackinloadup

yeah... that isnt working... i dont have a default image.. could that be it?
Walker

Got the same problem. Info.plist, default images, everything is there but it is not being added to the bar.
Walker

Once I moved my new gadget out of my project folder to the folder with other sample gadgets it worked. Don't understand why.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.