Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

My stickies won't go away......

heimbach

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 - 3:10 pm    Post subject: My stickies won't go away...... Reply with quote

My stickies widget appear, but there is no 'close' box or any obvious way to delete them after I make a new one. What's going on?
If you know, could you Email me: heimbach@u.washington.edu
Powermacguy

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 - 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you deteting them if not just press alt over them and then a x will appear then just click it to go away
heimbach

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 - 9:03 am    Post subject: stickies won't go away...still.... Reply with quote

pressing ALT over them had no effect. They just sit there unless I delete the whole stickies widget.
gurth

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 - 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: stickies won't go away...still.... Reply with quote

heimbach wrote:
pressing ALT over them had no effect. They just sit there unless I delete the whole stickies widget.

Note that you also have to move the mouse. If you just press Alt but aren't using the mouse, nothing happens, but if you keep Alt pressed and move the mouse pointer, the X-in-a-circle should appear. If it still doesn't, press the (+) in the lower left screen corner, and you will get that X on every widget on your screen.
heimbach

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 - 1:20 pm    Post subject: stickies won't go away...still.... Reply with quote

True, the + enables me to delete the stickies, but the ALT moving cursor still doesn't do anything......Is my widget corrupted?
heimbach

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 - 1:23 pm    Post subject: stickies now go away... Reply with quote

Holding down the OPTION key makes the X appear.
Thank you all.
jtbandes

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 - 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The option key IS the alt key.[/b]
Niles: "I most certainly will not!"
-Frasier
heimbach

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 - 9:13 am    Post subject: ALT key on Mac Reply with quote

Thank you. I am a Mac person.
My new wireless keyboard has the ALT letters on my "command" key (the clover)
The Option key just says Option.

Such is life.
Thanks for your help.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.