Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Charging money for widgets...

skyhawkrider

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 - 7:53 pm    Post subject: Charging money for widgets... Reply with quote

My friend says that we should charge money to put widgets in a magazine ($100). I think it's absurd.

Any comments?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
Dori

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 - 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Charging money for widgets... Reply with quote

skyhawkrider wrote:
My friend says that we should charge money to put widgets in a magazine ($100). I think it's absurd.

If a magazine will pay me money to write an article about how to write widgets, what's the difference between that and paying for the widget itself? If they want to distribute what you've created, why shouldn't they pay you for it?

Just be careful about who owns the rights, and exactly what they're getting for their money.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
galendw

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 - 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Charging money for widgets... Reply with quote

skyhawkrider wrote:

Any comments?

I'd say that if a magazine wants to put your widgets in it, then they're pretty much giving you free advertising, and you'll probably get a lot more exposure because of it.

I have to go with the absurd side there.