Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

CSS Text Overflow!

friedguy

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 - 3:23 pm    Post subject: CSS Text Overflow! Reply with quote

I have an RSS Widget that is basically working properly, however, some of the titles are too long and want to run off the widget. I am pretty it has something to do with the CSS file. I have tried to change the numbers around, but I haven't gotten the desired result. If you wouldn't mind taking a look at this for me I would appreciate it very much.

Send me an email at friedguy@gmail.com and I will send you the widget.

Thanks!
StopMakingSense

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 - 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the div that contains your text that you want to be clipped, set the following attribute:

overflow: hidden;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
friedguy

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 - 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is the most obvious way. However, I don't think that the width of the table (contains titles) was set the proper width, therefore it didn't clip them in the proper spot. With the advice of andrethegiant I was able to test the title char length and if it was over 45 chars or so I would take the substring and add "..." to the end. So in the end it looks great. Thanks for the response.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.