Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Let's see some mockups!

flashmanburgess
Quality Control

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 - 1:12 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Anyone need some interface help with their widgets?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN MessengerWidgets
bandar

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 - 1:12 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

no, did not get anything...

is it my mail server acting funny again...

ok, sorry for this...

try mailing me on: hz1@mac.com

or find me on iChat if you are online.. also hz1@mac.com

i hope it work this time...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Chris

Bandar, did you not get my e-mail?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
bandar

Anyone?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
bandar

Chris,

if you want to do this Threat Advisory Gadget...

i finished the images already... refined the look and saturated the colors a bit... it is looking perfect...

mail me if you are interested...

bandar@sadeem.net

bandar

Another Mockup...

i did not like the look of the default Calculator in dashboard...

so i made this... i am just going to replace the images...

but now i feel that it is a lot of work... to get it right...

should i kill this little project? or is it looking better than the orange calc?

you advice is what i want....
Chris

Oh. yes it can be made. Happily, it's rather simple too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
bandar

i made this new user... anyway... finally logged-in...

you mean that it can be made or not ( the Threat Advisory Gadget ) ?

i do not understand this XML, RSS talk.. this is some advanced stuff..
Chris

When are you going to actually become a member? Then you can edit your posts yourself

Edit: that threat advisory gadget looks mint too. It was dead easy to make, although, they send the RSS feed as text/plain unfortunately, so the mime type needs to be overridden in order to get a proper XML response...

I suppose the only preference it would have would be how often to check?
bandar raffah

Note: i always find spelling and grammar mistakes in my post... after i post it... if any moderator on this forum thinks that it should be fixed... please fix it... and forgive me... English is not my native language ... ( i am not a poet, i am just a designer )
Widgets
Chris

OK. Well - I've implemented it. I'm not sure if the search filed will end up supporting putting in our own things in the popup menu (like categories in XFactor etc). If it does (I haven't seen any documentation on it as yet, so I don't know), then your idea will work well. At the moment I've just made a drop-down of my own so you can choose the type of search and it pops up the result page in Safari.

I'll post a link to it soon (probably in the morning). It needs Safari 1.3 or Tiger to work though.
bandar raffah

ok,

another mockup...

i think that it should get the info from the Department of Homeland Security website...

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/

Low

High

Severe

there is 2 other images... i made already ...

seems like a very easy gadget...

any one interested ?
Widgets
bandar raffah

Chris,

whatever you want it to do...

see, we designers... make those mockups... just to get coders like you interested... then coders like you must suggest the right functionality for the gadget.... and then you ask for some modifications so the design can fit your well tested code... you already know that...

you said it is hard to fit my idea... bring your idea... or suggestion.. and i will design it... ( if it was easy to design )

i just wanted a Google search using the Google categories ... i usually do a lot of Google image search... can not do it from the Google bar in Safari... must do it from the Google site... it is annoying.. because it is few extra mouse clicks.... and waiting until the Google image search page loads...

i also wanted a small footprint for this gadget... did not want to show the Google categories as buttons or radio buttons.... or so...

bring up your idea....

two brains are better than one....
Widgets
bandar raffah

you deserve an award....

Widgets
Madmandan

Two months later and my mockup thread has its first mockup posted

Do I get an award?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2  Next